- A highly-opinionated delineation of situations encountered in India, USA, China, UK and wherever my life takes me...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

British industries in bad weather

Jaguar Car Factory, Birmingham.

The heart and soul of the industrial revolution that changed the face of this world, are caught in bad weather. Starting from yarn, going all the way to hitech machinery, this sector is under tremendous pressure. I eavesdropped a couple of elderly gentlemen only to hear,"The industries that once defined Britain are dead and long gone, while all we have left are financial institutions(bonkers)". True, the government has bailed out the big banks [big bath?] from their demise paying Pounds 60 billions or more despite all the problems they brew. But, didnt act on protecting the local manufacturers by pitching in with a few timely millions. Negligence or selective politics? the havenots, as always, tend to be the losers.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Passionate about whatever I care to spend my time on.