- A highly-opinionated delineation of situations encountered in India, USA, China, UK and wherever my life takes me...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good samaritans are closer to you

Good samaritans are closer to you than you are to them


I realized the importance of being in a group of good samritans - the people who care for others, who go that extra mile to make a difference, who give up small benefits for the greater good of humanity, who are selfless, who are less attached to material possessions. In short, these people seem like God at times. Recently, I went through a bad patch because of sheer bad luck, and was desperately in need of 'some help'. I ran from pillar to post hoping that some of my 'well-wishers' would help me, but I only found shut doors. Even those who derived direct benefit of my association turned their backs on me leaving me literally on the streets. This led me to some deep introspection...

As always, my good samaritan emerged out of an unusual place and saved me from hitting the rock bottom. I owe this person and those like him a zillion thank you notes, but these people are not looking for thank yous as they ve probably earned several of them and probably have gotten tired of them. All they want you to do, is to become more like them, start helping others and pass on the good deeds instead of paying back, for some things can never be paid back. So, for every help you get from someone make sure you multply it and pass them onto others in need - just like you. Probably, this will make this world a better place to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some great thoughts .. Quite Inspiring !!

"Heal The World "

About Me

My photo
Passionate about whatever I care to spend my time on.